For many years just the sound of the word urgency sent me into a panic!
When someone said urgency, my mind heard “pressure, burden, opportunity to fail.”
I speak with women every week who literally freeze at the thought of making a decision or taking action and who are stuck in feeling like they are behind.
If you relate, here’s what you need to know:
Not taking action or making decisions actually disturbs your peace more than urgency.
When you hesitate and procrastinate, it means your mind holds on to thoughts and it’s these thoughts that build up into pressure. Urgency is really the “act” of being in the present moment vs ruminating and over-thinking.
I cut a quick training on how to make peace with urgency and you can watch it NOW here.
Urgency is actually the same as mindfulness.
It’s being in the moment, not thinking about anything else and taking action.
Here’s to your peace,
- Which Default Mode Did You Learn as a Child? - March 5, 2020
- Laughter Yoga as Treatment for Mental Illness, Addiction, Dementia & Insomnia - November 30, 2019
- Understanding the Implications of MTHFR Gene Mutation - October 31, 2019
- I Was Cheerleading on the Side of the Interstate - October 30, 2019
- I Could Be Myself for the First Time in My Life - October 24, 2019
- Make Peace with Urgency - October 21, 2019
- Biggest Test of My Beliefs-Ever - October 16, 2019
- 3 Kinds of Thoughts That Stress You out (And Shrink Your Brain) - December 6, 2018
- Is This Weighing down Your Brain? - October 30, 2018
- You’ll Never Find Balance Without This - October 29, 2018