If you caught our New Years Day Breathe Break yesterday, you know exactly what I mean by going through the motions or going along.
These 2 ways of being are DREAM killers.
They are a recipe for feeling blah and burned out.
If you didn’t catch our Breathe Break-the recording is still there for you in the Supercharge Your Brain Inner Circle Facebook Group.
In the Breathe Break, we walked through an exercise to set an intention for 2018 that is rooted in a WAY OF BEING that you want to BE this year.
Here’s that exercise for you:
Way of Being Exercise
To get something you’ve never had, you must try something you’ve never tried.
This is a different kind of goal setting exercise and it will have a profound impact on what you
create for your life.
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou
Rather than setting an intention for what you want to DO or HAVE, you will set an intention for how you want to BE. Your way of being affects everything from how other people react to you, whether or not you can have an impact in the world, what you attract and even your health and wellness.
It’s how you feel and how you make others feel. At the core, your way of being is one of love or fear. When you lead with love, all blocks and obstacles are released and you are poised to RECEIVE what you truly desire.Your well-being is a reflection of your way of being.
Journal your answers the questions below to create your way of being intention.
- Who is the person or people makes (or made) me feel the best? How do (did) they make me feel?
- Who is the person or people who make (or made) me feel the worst?
How do (did) they make me feel?
- How do I want people to feel in my presence?
- How do I want to feel every day?
- Who do I Want to BE in this life?
- I want to be remembered as a person who . . .
- What is the way of being I’d like to be known for?
Examples: powerful, connected, daring, innocent, playful, courageous, fearless, authentic, curious, awesome, vulnerable, persistent, present, self-expressive, loving, forgiving, trusting, energetic, clever, open, congruent, trust-worthy, committed, compassionate, humble, vulnerable, responsible, passionate, accepting, adventurous, ambitious, approachable, available, balanced, bold, brave, calm, capable, cautious, certain, cheerful, optimistic, competent, dependable, devoted, down-to-earth, efficient, empowering, flexible, grateful.
BE SURE TO INCLUDE COMPLIMENTS YOU’VE RECEIVED THAT FELT REALLY GOOD!
- What is the way of being I don’t want to be known for?
Examples: passive, distracted, resistant, closed down, disconnected, distant, playing small, judgmental, in denial, defensive, cynical, manipulative, angry, frustrated, aggressive, disrespectful, cold, heartless, selfish, dismissive, victim, martyr, dishonest, people pleaser, selective, inauthentic, superficial, blaming, complaining, lacking integrity, inconsistent, fake, guarded, fearful, resigned, invisible, checked out, spiteful, hateful, gossiping, lazy, arrogant,
too sensitive, pessimistic, mean spirited, greedy, violent, disloyal, short tempered, callous
BE SURE TO INCLUDE THINGS YOU’VE BEEN CALLED THAT HURT YOU THE MOST
- The 3 Power Words That BEST describe the Way of Being I commit to are:
I also mentioned yesterday that there is a second part of this exercise that I use with clients that helps them evaluate how they spend their time during the day to ensure the most time is spent on what is most important. I’m sharing THAT part of the exercise below with you as well!
- What Do I want my life to look like?
Draw a pie of your day and divide your pie with slices of how you spend your time on a typical day. Write a % of day is spent with each area. Sections might include Commute, Work, Eating, Exercising, Sleeping, With Family, Me Time
Rate each slice of your pie on a scale of 1-10 where a 10 is “I am completely in my ideal way of being” and a 1 is “I am not in my ideal way of being at all.”
- What are the top 3 changes that would allow you to be in your ideal way of being in more slices of you pie?
- What are the top 3 changes that would allow more of your time to spent doing what is important to you?
Your way of being determines what you accomplish and attract in life. Start creating your dreams through YOUR most fulfilling way of being!
- 3 Kinds of Thoughts That Stress You out (And Shrink Your Brain) - December 6, 2018
- Is This Weighing down Your Brain? - October 30, 2018
- You’ll Never Find Balance Without This - October 29, 2018
- It Hit Me like a Ton of Bricks and I Had to Do It - October 8, 2018
- You Are Not Your Results - August 15, 2018
- Bloom Where You Are Planted - July 27, 2018
- Live Your Ideal Day Before It’s Too Late - July 24, 2018
- Make Peace with Urgency - July 9, 2018
- How to Handle Change - June 7, 2018
- When Your Emotions Get the Best of You - May 21, 2018