It seems like cold and flu season has started already!
I’ve talked to at least 5 people in the last week who caught a bug and are sick.
Every single one is pissed off and told me,
“I don’t have time to be sick! I have too much to do!”
When you catch a cold or flu, I encourage you to try my favorite remedies . . .
- Oregano Oil
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Hot water with lemon
It is equally important to STOP FIGHTING AGAINST THE COLD OR FLU!!
When you are in a state of stress or resistance it constricts everything from your mind to your cells and their ability to absorb nutrition and heal! That’s why it’s so important to relax and rest.
So I’m sharing the strategy I just assigned to my client, Bethany when she got sick.
How to HEAL from a cold or flu:
- Write a 7 Day Gratitude Journal. The average cold lasts 7 days so take this downtime to write in your journal. Gratitude shifts your energy from constricted to open in a second! Try it…you’ll feel better immediately.
- Rest AND Sleep. Rest is different than sleep. Sleep is an essential time when our body rebalances hormones and neurotransmitters. Even if you find yourself out of sync with a normal sleep routine and sleep during the day or stay up late at night, wake yourself up early in the morning to stay in point with your circadian rhythm. During the day REST. This means taking downtime where you are not doing anything . . . just be . . . breathe . . . sit or lay in a cozy chair and allow yourself to relax.
- Use your “sick” time to do something that you would ONLY do because you have been slowed down. Watch a movie. Read the book that’s been sitting on your shelf for months. Call a friend that you’ve been “meaning” to call for weeks. Write a letter to someone you love and say something you’ve been putting off saying.
Embrace the quiet time and reconnect with yourself and your body.
TRUST me . . . the rat race will start again soon enough!
LOVE on yourself like never before!!
Speedy recovery, my friends!
P.S. On Tuesday I hop a flight to Ecuador!!! I’m taking 20 Transformational Leaders & Social Entrepreneurs on a journey to stretch themselves past their own boundaries! They are taking themselves on to push through the edges and limitations that have stopped them in their lives AND they are serving our world by delivering water filters to indigenous villages on the Amazon and by sharing their message on stage at our Inspire Quito Event. Follow our journey in our Supercharge Your Brain Inner Circle On Facebook! Travel is GREAT for our brain and you get to go with us!!
- When Your Emotions Get the Best of You - May 21, 2018
- How to Use ALL of Your Brains - May 7, 2018
- This practice can heal all - April 30, 2018
- 3 Simple Ways to Grow Your Brain - April 23, 2018
- Program Your Brain for Endurance (This Works!!) - April 11, 2018
- Give It a Rest, Please - April 3, 2018
- Nothing is wrong - March 6, 2018
- Manage Your Time & Technology To Help Your Brain - January 30, 2018
- The Happiness Formula - January 23, 2018
- Do You Give to Get with Your Body? - January 17, 2018