I read about a study the other day that made me think of you.
In this study researchers put virtual reality goggles on the participants and showed them a mannequin “through the goggles.”
These goggles tell the brain what to believe so the participants began to think like the mannequin. The experience was so real that when the researches pinched the arm or poked the leg of the mannequin . . . the participants felt it on their arm and leg. Some were even so startled they jumped.
My a-ha: Your mind is like that pair of virtual reality goggles!!
Your mind tells the brain what to believe and what to see and no matter what . . . your brain BELIEVES IT!
So let me ask you a question . . .
How often is your mind seeing “lack?”
When you identify a desire or goal, does your mind immediately jump in with the BUT . . .
“I don’t have time.”
“I can’t afford that.”
“I don’t know how.”
“I don’t know enough.”
LACK BASED THINKING tells the brain your dream or intention is impossible. This happens with your big bucket list dreams and with the simple events of each and every day.
When you think LACK, your mind is telling your brain to panic and shut down.
This interferes with your thinking, your attitude and your accomplishments for the day.
YOU, however, lead the mind that trains the brain.
This overwhelm doesn’t have to happen.
DO THIS RIGHT NOW:
Name one are of your day today where you are feeling LACK.
This is the area where you are allowing your mind to see a “but” . . . but I can’t in some way.
Acknowledge the thought of lack by writing it on a piece of paper and then tear that paper up and throw it away.
Consciously TELL the mind that it is perfectly possible.
As with all brain training, this will take repetition and practice.
Do it once at least once today and maybe even more!!
This will detox your busy brain so you can live in the moment and accomplish your dreams!!
Give it a try! You’ve got nothing to lose but overwhelm 🙂
PS – The Supercharge Your Brain Challenge begins MONDAY at 6 AM PT 8 AM ET. You DO have the time and you CAN do this!!!!
Enter your information HERE Right NOW and on Monday Morning you’ll receive access information for the first lesson to your Inbox.
- Jack Learned Fear-Now We’re Retraining His Brain - July 28, 2017
- This Is the Worst Thing for Your Brain (Overwhelm Detox Tip #7) - June 30, 2017
- Detox Busy Brain (Overwhelm Detox Tip #6) - June 16, 2017
- How Money Stress Affects Your Brain - May 24, 2017
- What Would You Like To See? (I’m Listening) - May 18, 2017
- Checking in – This Is an Option - May 15, 2017
- Find Your Fire! Then MAGNIFY (Overwhelm Detox Tip #5) - May 11, 2017
- Hey-Do You Know You’re in Charge? (Overwhelm Detox Tip #4) - April 25, 2017
- Overwhelm Detox Tip #3 Take Time To Think In This Way - April 17, 2017
- Freedom from Overwhelm Tip #2 - April 11, 2017